AutoDrive will provide fail-aware, fail-safe, and fail-operational integrated electronic components, Electrical/Electronic (E/E) architectures as well as (deeply) embedded software systems for highly and fully automated driving to make future mobility safer, more efficient, affordable, and end-user acceptable. Advancing towards fail-operational systems will require increased reliability and availability of components, new redundancy schemes as well as architectures, and methodologies to appropriately manage and balance complexity, cost, robustness, and flexibility.
The AutoDrive project will advance the current level of safety and reliability by considerably driving forward fail-operational technologies and by making use of safety and security concepts from the aviation domain. Consequently, AutoDrive will significantly contribute to the grand societal challenge of increasing vehicle and road safety.
Overview on the key Supply Chain aims:
- Fully automated driving and flying systems targeting SAE level;
- Highly automated driving SAE Level 4;
- Cooperative active safety for automated driving;
- Fail-operational 800V automotive powertrain
- Safe, secure and low latency communication
- Acquisition, 360° sensing, perception, and environmental awareness;
- Embedded intelligence and systems for automated driving;
- Fail aware components and health prediction.